Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My life changed 4 years ago

How is it Thanksgiving already? Holidays tend to take you back in time don't they? Luckily Thanksgiving has a special place in my heart. 4 years ago last night I peed on a stick that changed my life. We were headed down to Dayton for Thanksgiving the following evening and while I kept telling myself I wouldn't obsess, I'd wait until my period was offically late the next night, I had to know. I snuck into the bathroom and made my deposit into a cup and tested. When that second line appeared right away my heart skipped a beat. I was so excited and so scared. I walked out of the bathroom and told Scott I had something to show him. I'm not sure what he was thinking I had hidden in there but the rest is all a blur and keeping that secret through Thanksgiving when the smell of all the smoked meats turned my stomach was nearly impossible. Here we are 4 years later with 2 beautiful healthy children sleeping away upstairs. It's a privilege I thought I may never get to experience. Can you guess what I'm thankful for?

No comments: