Wednesday, December 26, 2007

From Spoons to Brooms – Tyler’s New Obsession

So remember Tyler's infatuation with spoons? He has a new love. Brooms! The boy is obsessed. He gets really ticked off if you close the broom closet and he can’t get his hands on the broom. A one year old with a broom is not a safe thing for anyone! I’m sure you can imagine the mayhem that ensues as he swings the handle about as he tries to gain his balance toddling around. Today Scott brought the kids down to my office have lunch with me and we walked over to the local food court. Half way through lunch Tyler starts squawking and pointing to something. I look over toward the trash cans and there’s a broom and a dust pan propped against them. It was all good for a laugh or two until a few minutes later when he looks the other direction and notices the most amazing thing…a custodian mopping the floors with a red handled mop. Can you imagine what was going through his head? A handle, like a broom but red, and wet! Even better! Of Course the squawking decibel increased and as soon as I got him out of his highchair he toddled over to investigate. Just at that moment the custodian began walking away. Watching Tyler trying to keep track of this floating red handle was like a scene out of a movie when everything is in slow motion.

Oh my boy and his quirks. At least he keeps me smiling.

No comments: