Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mini Language Explosion

After seeing Leah jabber from a very young age I've always been a bit nervous that Tyler was speach delayed. I've done my best to lay low and let him do things at his own pace. I'm proud to report in the past week Tyler has gone from less then 10 words to nearly 30. Now most words aren't quite there but I think the average person may be able to figure it out if they gave it a few minutes.

New to the list this week
Leah (E-ah)
Apple (think he liked the trip to the orchard?)
Frog (fog)
Duck
Quack (does that count as a word?)
Hot dog
Five (as in high five)
I love you (so sweat)
My (said before everything - oh to be 2)
Baby ("my baybay" - adores Leah's baby doll)
and not so new but used more often in the past week
Outside (usually heard as "side")
Sock
Shoe
Dog
Dow (aka Shadow)
Daddy
Mama
Cookie (co co)
More (mo..."mo co co" heard often)
Juice ("mo juice" another favorite)
Please
Thank you (ank Q....so cute)
All done
Book
Ball
Bubble (aka anything floating in the sky ie dust)
Balloon
Sit (aka chair)
ah man
No (he's almost 2 - that one's a given)
bye-bye

No comments: