Friday, November 21, 2008

A Girls Afternoon Out

I have some vacation days I have to get in before the end of the year so I took the afternoon off and surprised Leah with a girls afternoon out. I picked her up from daycare and took her to her 1st movie in the theater. It was such a pleasure to spend time with her one on one and remember she's not just the bossy big sister that I expect too much from. She's an absolute pleasure. Her smiles and sweet voice are enough to give me butterflies in my stomach. She was so estatic and I really think I needed a mental health day.

1 comment:

Crib Tales said...

How cute! I think that is a fantastic idea. Sometimes our older kids forget what it is like to have Mommy-only time I think. I took J to the Nutcracker this weekend and so enjoyed just hanging out with him by ourselves. Plus I know Shawn and Holden had fun, too. What movie did you see??

BTW, got your message about possibly visiting CO this spring! If your time allows I would love to meet up with you for dinner or drinks or both!! Keep me posted!!