Sunday, September 25, 2011

Leah's Locks of Love

I'm gushing with pride. Leah has been bagging me for months to cut her hair short. At the beginning of the summer I convinced her if she waited until school started up her hair would be long enough to donate. At one point the daily struggle of brushing and dealing with conditioning to prevent clorine damage got to me and I asked if she was ready to give up and just get it cut. She stuck to it and yesterday she donated 10 inches to Locks of Love. She beamed ear to ear as soon as the braid was cut off. I thought for sure her cheeks would start hurting. After she got her hair washed I waited for her in the front to the saloon. I could just catch a little glimps of her around the corner. Moments before she came out a couple ladies noticed her beaming and looked at me to see my reaction....I nearly lost it and started weeping abit. Oh my! My sweet baby girl is growing up so quick....and she's becoming the sweetest, most caring and generous young lady. Oh how I love her so.












Posted by Picasa

No comments: