Friday, June 27, 2008

Mental Health Day

Yesterday after 4 days of voir dire, trail and deliberation we wrapped up and handed in our verdict. Shortly after we returned to the Jury assembly room we were told to complete a questionnaire and to stick around, that we would be pleasantly surprised by what they were about to announce. We were released from the rest of our obligation a day and a 1/2 early. I can't really pin point what it is about jury duty that is so draining but it really is taxing, so rather then returning to work I decided I needed a mental health day and played hooky. I called my mom and met her for lunch then went to collect the kids from daycare and headed to the pool. We just picked up pool passes over the weekend and it seemed like a perfect opportunity to check the pool out. The kids behaved well considering I had selfishly awoken them from their naps early. Being that I generally avoid going any where with the kids by myself I'm really proud of myself deciding to attempt the pool with 2 small children by myself. I suppose I'm even more proud that neither of them drowned. Tyler is just a little dare devil and would walk until the water was over his head if I let him. Leah kept telling me how much she loved going to the pool and while she wanted to venture into deeper water and explore the fountain she was very understanding when I told her I couldn't do that while watching both her and Tyler. It was such a high and a perfect mental health day.

No comments: