Tuesday, July 1, 2008

18 Months

I forgot how much I love this age. When Leah was little I remember thinking each age was my favorite. It just kept getting better as she learned more about the world and became more able.

A few weeks ago it occurred to me that Tyler is the same age Leah was when we decided to try for a second (two months later we learned T was on the way). When I realized this I took a look at him and thought no sir! I'm not ready for another anytime soon! Then a week or so passes and Tyler hits this wonderful irresistible stage. Every thing is funny. Everything is interesting. Everything brings a big devilish smile. Everything is irresistibly adorable. Right until it's not and the melt downs and tantrum kick in. I think God knew what he was doing making them so adorable at this age. Otherwise how could you get through what is yet to come? In all honesty T's tantrums don't even faze me. I often wonder if it's because Leah beat it out of me. Was she really that bad or was I just a 1st time mother that didn't know how to deal with the tantrums. I'm sure it's a bit of both. Anyhow I'm just loving every minute of this age and admit I've found myself thinking another might not be too horrid. But don't be holding your breath for any announcements any time soon. I haven't lost all sense of reality.

No comments: