Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gatlinburg Aquarium


Gatlinburg Aquarium, originally uploaded by echeasley.

I've never much been into fish but I could spend hours in the Gatlinburg Aquarium. We visited the Aquarium in 2005 and decided it was so nice and we had so much fun it was worth braving the traffic in Gatlinburg. This time we were smart and drove through the park to avoid Pigeon Forge (As much as I loved our trip to the Smokey's I'm still struggling to think of something nice about Pigeon Forge. Well I guess I could say the scenic drive to avoid Pigeon Forge is beautiful....is that saying something nice?) . After having lunch on the terrace we walked down to Ober Gatlinburg and rode the Tram. I think the kids enjoyed the ride. We were so exhausted by the time we got there we didn't really do anything short of play in the arcade and go to the bathroom before we decided to ride the tram back down. Leah got a Nascar beanie bear with some driver I've never heard of (not that's hard) to remember the occasion.

No comments: