Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Holiday Weekend

Wow! What a fabulous Holiday weekend we had! Scott for years has moaned about his birthday being on the 4th because everyone always has other plans or is too busy to celebrate his birthday. Jokes about setting off fireworks to celebrate his birthday are just about enough to send him off running. Now I get not liking your birthday...it's really not something most of us look forward to once we hit 25 or so but I couldn't understand not liking the 4th of July. I have such fond memories and wanted Scott to enjoy the holiday as much as I do. We haven't gone to see fireworks in 4 years since becoming parents and this just wasn't cutting it anymore. We took a gamble and recreated one my fondest memory of 4th of July in northeast Ohio. Grammy came up from Cincinnati to visit and we packed a picnic and loaded everyone (including my parents) up for a night listening to the Cleveland Orchestra under the stars at Blossom Music Center. Tyler loved the music and was a little ham getting everyone near us to laugh. At each interlude he'd start clapping and cheer "YEAH!" to which we'd all hushed him and told him the piece wasn't over yet. The canon during the overture of 1812 made the kids a bit uneasy but there were no breakdowns and fireworks followed. I think Tyler might of had a little sensory overload where his brain decided...ok too much going on...must shut down...now, because he fell asleep during the fireworks then woke after words on our walk back to the van. The whole experience was a blast and I just so impressed with how well the kids did given the hour. I think Scott enjoyed himself too...at least he said something about starting a new Heasley family tradition for 4th of July.




On Saturday Leah's best friend Aria had her 4th birthday party at Memphis Kiddie Park on the west side. One of those places I always heard about growing up but had never ventured to that side of the Cuyahoga to visit. It's a fun little park where you have to be under 50 inches to ride. The children of Kindercare had a blast. I'll post a pic of Leah and the Birthday girl in another post (currently having issues with the upload feature).

No comments: