Saturday, July 19, 2008

Smokey Mountains


We've returned from our Smokey Mountain vacation and plenty of pictures are to follow. Scott bought the camera I've had my eye on for sometime for my birthday last week. As soon as I picked the camera up I realized it's been 15 years since I've done photography to any extent. I didn't have a clue what any of the buttons were for and fished my old Pentax 35mm out to see if it felt as foreign to me. To my relief it felt like it belonged in my hands and I realized I just needed to get used to the digital aspect of a SLR. There's certainly plenty yet for me to figure out but I'm really happy with the pictures I got. I certainly had a beautiful subject to focus my lense on. The Tennessee Smokies are just breath taking.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crib Tales said...

Gorgeous Liz! Even before I read your post that you got a new camera I thought there was something more in depth about this photo! Congrats and enjoy! Oh yeah, what kind did you get!?!? Yah!

ECHeasley said...

Hey - it's a Canon EOS Rebel Xti. I selected it based on some reviews I read on Flickr. Only negatives any one posted about were that it was a little small for bigger hands (not a problem for me) and the shutter was a little loud but I don't think that should be an issue. Hopefully I'm inspired to actually take pictures a bit more often now.