Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Beach Vacation


Since we went to the Mountains this year for vacation I declared that I wasn't giving up my beach vacation and was going to have it one way or another. On Saturday, Scott and I packed a picnic and the kids up and headed to the beach. Now granted it's not the sunny beaches of North Carolina but the beaches of the North Coast really aren't a bad alternative. I hate to admit it but it's been well over a decade since I've gone to a beach on Lake Erie. We literally lived 1/2 block from the lake during our Euclid day's, fresh out of school and I think during our time there we only managed to walk down the cliff at the end of the block, down to the lake twice. I used to live on the lake every weekend from Memorial to Labor day and it wasn't until I heard those waves that I realized how much I miss it. What a shame to live so close to such a fantastic resource and rarely utilize it. I think we'll be making a point of visiting a bit more often now.

It was a cool breezy morning so we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. I thought the kids might get bored but they were content to play in the sand.

No comments: