Saturday, December 12, 2009

Old vs. Cold

Just a little brag on my big boy...today marks the first day of no accidents. Not even during nap time. It's also the 1st time he....ah hum....well um....he pooped in potty at home!

On a less gross note - The past few days Tyler has told me I need new hands. I was thinking to myself.....that's a really odd thing to say. I know my hands are a bit dry from the cold weather but come on! I'm only in my mid 30's. What is this kid going to tell me I need to replace when I hit 40? So tonight I'm getting him ready for a bath and am taking his shirt off...doing my best not to bump his bare skin with my freezing cold hands and he says it again. Trying to joke it off and also get his tushy in the tub I ask if he thinks we'll be able to find a pair of new hands in the warm water. He relents and gets in the tub...of course has a blast and refuses to get out until I drain all the water out of the tub and he's left there shivering. I forget what I said to convince him to get out but I ask him if I have new hands now and does he like them. He says yeah then hums and says "ok mommy let's go get your cold hands". "You mean OLD hands"? "No your COLD hands mommy".

So the opposite of Cold is New....Old - Cold what's the difference when you're three?

No comments: