Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tyler Wants Thomas....Tyler's Gonna Get Thomas....Sorta

My baby is three! Can you believe it?

Shortly before his birthday, while rocking Tyler before bed (I know, I know he's getting too big for rocking, but he loves it as much as I do) I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday...assuming he wouldn't really care or would ask for something like ketchup (hey that's what he asked Santa for...the kid really likes ketchup). To my surprise he declared that he wanted a Thomas birthday. Ok a Thomas Birthday cake is easy, but what else?

The scenic railroad! Only issue is it's the holidays and polar express tickets are sold out in August. We settled for Mr. Jingelings Holiday Express. I'm happy to report I am too young to remember Mr. Jingeling...I was a Higbee/Twigbee shop baby. Halle's department store is little more then a building that Halle Barry is named after in my mind. I must admit I was a bit nervous about being locked in the train car with the "Keeper of the Keys" and had an image of singing horrid jingles for 3 hours with no escape, but any thing for my baby. Mr. Jingeling was not nearly as annoying as I had imagined and the kids got a kick out of it. The only down fall was the jingles only lasted for 30 minute of the 3 hour trip and keeping the kids occupied became more and more difficult as time passed. By the time we rolled back into the Rockside station I was motion sick, Tyler was running a fever and Leah was sound asleep. Despite it all I think the little man enjoyed himself and hopefully we're building lasting memories.





No comments: