Thursday, April 1, 2010

Playing Hookie

Yesterday I had a physical therapy appointment scheduled early in the afternoon. Spring has sprung and I noticed for the first time that the grass is starting to turn green...so I did what any self respecting, responsible adult would do. I played hookie. When I picked Leah up from aftercare I got the biggest hug and a smile that could melt any heart. We collected Tyler from daycare and headed for the park. Dinner for 3 on our new deck and after dinner bike rides on the drive (while mommy cleaned up) made for a nice break from the normal grind. Tyler may have had a little too much fun because he proceeded to have a major meltdown when it came time for a bath. Leah on the other hand was an angel and told me she wished I'd pick her up early every day. So do I. Maybe one day.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Aaaah, those are the best days. We are having great weather as well and frankly, I dont care if my furniture has 2 inches of dust on it or my laundry is 4 feet high. We are having too much fun outside. Glad you had a great day! V