Sunday, September 21, 2008

More Day Dreaming

Scott and I drove by a repo house I have flagged. They recently lowered the price and it's a complete fixer up but it's in a neighborhood I would normally only have only dreamed of living in. Great school district, close to shopping and not too far from the highway....only about a 30 minute drive to down town. It's on a full acre lot (4 times as much space as anything else we've looked at) and backs up to a huge open space with tennis courts and the rest of the houses on the block must easily go for 2 times as much. I figure a fixer up may be the only way we could ever afford to live in this burb. We haven't seen the inside but from the outside I get the impression it's so bad we wouldn't even be able to live in it while renovation were being made. Still I think we'll call the agent this week and see if we can't schedule a viewing for next weekend. Note to self : must get projects around the house done and get house on market ASAP. In other related news a couple houses down from us had an open house today and I was the nosey neighbor and went to check it out. They're asking about what I hope to get for our house. I'm thinking it was built by the same developer as our house in the 30's because it has neary the exact same lay out but smaller and brick. Our kitchen is updated so maybe that's enough to compensate for the weathered wood siding. I really hope they get close to their asking price and sell sooner rather then later.

No comments: