Sunday, September 21, 2008

Original Baby


Shadow, originally uploaded by echeasley.

Leah starts a new unit at school this week. Her assignment was to bring in a picture of her pets, which of course mortified me when I realize I hadn't taken a picture for Shadow for well over 3 years. My poor neglected puppy. She was my original baby and she barely gets any acknowledgement aside from a shout to stop growling or get out of the way. She's such a sweet, sweet dog and is so good with the kids. She's not as spry as she used to be but she still gets spurts of energy that could rival any 2 year old pup. To think when we 1st bought this beautiful animal home with us, she was so tiny and skinny we thought she'd maybe get up to 35 pounds. Little did we know how sick and dehydrated she was. Once she was on the mend her paws puffed up and we knew she wasn't nearly as small as we thought. 10 years and 65 pounds later she's still my little puppy.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Liz, we have twin dogs!! My Abby looks just like Shadow!

By the way, your kids are darling, as always!

Tricia:)