Friday, March 21, 2008

And just like that I'm over my obsession

Not really sure what I'm thinking looking at houses during a recession. You would think I'd be a little gun shy after the last recession left me and nearly all of my family with out jobs. So to fill you in a little more on my obsession. We're not in the best of school districts and it's more or less a foregone conclusion we will be moving either shortly before or after Leah starts kindergarten (which is coming up way sooner then I'd like to admit). I've been passively window shopping on-line for houses and found the house below. I had been thinking about it night and day ever since. We went to look at it today and it's way smaller then it looks in the pictures. It's a nice house and in a great location and while I figured the kitchen and baths would need work....it needs more. I have limitations and I think it's more then we could handle with 2 small children. Walking around I was just looking at the imperfections in the walls and never once thought about where I would put any of our furniture. When Scott and I first saw this house we immediately pictured ourselves living here. I did have a nice conversation with the agent and asked her if she wouldn't mind stopping by our place and give us tips on what is worth working on and what we should just leave. There's so many great deals out there even if we take a hit now it might be worth it in the the long run. When we got home I was looking around our house with a new found appreciation and realized how much I really do like this house and how nice we have made it. We'll still look into selling but for now I'm happy with our little abode. The good news is our neighbor's house is now under contract after 10 months on the market.

1 comment:

Crib Tales said...

It's such a cute house! But yes, exterior is just a small part of it. I mean, you have to live INSIDE it, right! I'm sort of feeling the same as you -there are some great deals out there right now. I'm tempted too often to peer at realtor.com. Then I realize it might take ages to sell the house we are in. Anyway, you have put in a ton of work in your current house so well done and enjoy it!!