Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bottle a Moment

Ever wish you could just bottle a moment? Open it up and have that same feeling flood your senses again? On the nights Tyler lets me cuddle with him before putting him down I try to soak up every nuance of the experience. The smell of his hair, the warmth of his body, the rise and fall of his chest with each breath. It's such a wonderful feeling. Other moments I'd love to bottle are any of the 1st in the child’s life. The 1st time they smile at you, laugh, reach for something, crawl, walk, talk. The fantastic glow or twinkle, you see come across their eyes as they discover something for the 1st time. I could live a whole life relishing moments like these.

These are the things that keep me going when a stomach bug visits my house for the 3rd time in 3 months. I have a theory...since Tyler got sick with a stomach bug in late January and has been sick all but 4 days since.....and since he and Leah has some nasty bug again....They're all going to be healthy after this for months and months........here's to dreaming. Where'd that moment in a bottle go?

No comments: