Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chubby vs. Twiggy

So some may know of my nicknames for my kids....chubby and twiggy. If you know anything about my kids, I'm certain you can figure out which is which. Well we just may need to change that to skinny and twiggy. Tyler had his 15 month appointment today. I had noticed that his growth had really slowed down but we are officially on weight watch. Can you believe it my 9 lbs baby with sumo wrestler thighs and cankles to give any prego mama a run for her money has to go back to the dr in 6 week for a weight check? I'm honestly not that concerned about it but the irony of it is just seer real. He hasn't gained an oz in the past 3 months. I had noticed this during one of his many visits to the dr this past month so I wasn't surprised when his weigh in this afternoon confirmed he's the same 22 lbs 2 ozs he was at his 12 month appointment. His height is still hanging in at 25% (shrimp...he certainly doesn't get that from his father, pop, grammy ect LOL) but his weight dropped from 50% to below 25% in 3 months. Since he's been so sick lately the dr wasn't concerned either but did request that I bring him back in in 6 weeks (if we shouldn't happen to be there for some other reason, which I'm sure we will be). His appetite has been decent and all the ladies at Kindercare rave about what a great eater he is (he's quite the ladies man I hear....they all swoon over him and fight over who gets to hold him). Anyhow I suppose it's worth keeping an eye on and we'll take him back in in 6 week as requested.

In other related news, we have the scale hidden in our house so on a whim I stepped on the scale at my parents house over the weekend and of course Leah had to follow suit....I think we may have actually broken the 30 lbs mark...Leah that is. I'm still the same weight I've been since who knows when....things just aren't where they used to be but that's a whole other story....I wonder do people my age that haven't had children wonder WTH happened? I seriously I think I'm having an identity crisis when I look in the mirror.

No comments: